Agriculture in Pennsylvania
- PA Grows – Grant & loan funding
- PA Preferred – Product promotion
- Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture
- The Center for Dairy Excellence – Increase efficiency and profitability. Phone: 717.346.0849
- The Center for Farm Transitions – Farm planning resource. Phone: 877.475.2686
Resource Guide for Ag Lending Prepared by the Chester County Economics Development Council
General Ag Resources:
- USDA National Agriculture Statistics Service (NASS) with PA and County specific data
- US EPA AG 101 website
Ag Lending Resources:
- Next Generation Farmer Loan Program Info
- First Industries Fund Info
- Fulton Bank’s Ag Lending Department Contacts
- USDA Farm Service Agency Lender Contacts
- ABA Online Ag Lending Course
Recent article with mini-case story showing some important aspects of dairy management in American Agriculturalist
- Bedford County Airport – Bedford Airport, PA – 814-623-0704
Estimated Miles from Bedford County Business Park: 2 miles
- Altoona-Blair County Airport – 2 Airport Dr., Martinsburg, PA – 814-793-3872
Estimated Miles from Bedford County Business Park: 24 miles
- University Park Airport – 2535 Fox Hill Rd, State College, PA – 814-865-5511
Estimated Miles from Bedford County Business Park: 75 miles
- Harrisburg International Airport – 1 Terminal Dr. #300, Middletown, PA – 717-948-3900
Estimated Miles from Bedford County Business Park: 110 miles
- Pittsburgh International Airport – Pittsburgh, PA
Estimated Miles from Bedford County Business Park: 124 miles
- Washington Dulles International Airport – 1 Aviation Cir., Washington, DC – 703-572-3998
Estimated Miles from Bedford County Business Park: 135 miles
- Baltimore-Washington International Airport – Baltimore, MD – 410-859-7111
Estimated Miles from Bedford County Business Park: 147 miles
- Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport – 1 Aviation Cir., Washington, DC – 703-417-8000
Estimated Miles from Bedford County Business Park: 147 miles
Bedford County Companies
- Agracel, Inc. – Company that purchased the Hedstrom building
- B.C. Stone – High-tech stone fabricator skills blended with old-world craftsmanship.
- Bedford Reinforced Plastics, Inc. – Manufacturer of Fiberglass Reinforced Pultruded (FRP) Composite material.
- Bun Air Corporation – Efficient air transportation services throughout the region.
- Captive-Aire Commercial Kitchen Ventilation – The nation’s leading manufacturer of commercial kitchen ventilation systems.
- Cell-Con – A leading U.S. manufacturer of custom and stocked battery packs and power systems
- Creative Pultrusions, Inc. – Leader in the Fiber Reinforced Polymer Composites Industry
- Definance Metal Products – Manufacturing through metal stamping, metal fabrication and metal coating
- Everite Door Company – One of the industry leaders in manufacturing of wood garage doors.
- Gatter & Diehl — Consulting Engineers – Provides building systems planning and code compliant design services
- Green Garden Products – Maker of quality hose-end sprayer products and manufacturing services
- H.F. Lenz Company – Offers a full range of engineering services for private and public buildings and facilities
- Heritage Cove Resort – Located at the secluded southern end of Pennsylvania’s breathtaking Raystown Lake
- Howard Hanna Bardell Realty – Locally-owned and nationally recognized, and driven to serve you by delivering unmatched quality service
- JLG Industries an Oshkosh Corporation Company – Manufactures aerial work platforms, telehandlers, and stockpickers
- Kennametal – Delivers advanced materials, surface technologies, and material shaping expertise
- L B Foster – Builds products necessary to build and maintain our nation’s infrastructure
- Lampire Biological Laboratories – Specializes in polyclonal and monoclonal antibody development, cell culture devices and services, and a wide variety of blood-derived products
- Lane Enterprises – A full-line manufacturer of metal and HDPE plastic drainage products
- MDL Manufacturing Industries, Inc. – High-precision and complex manufacturing
- Mission Critical Solutions, LLC – A diversified technology company focusing on manufacturing, assembly and engineering that serves the needs of government, military, first responders and Homeland Security
- Omni Bedford Springs Resort & Spa
- Oshkosh Corporation (Purchased JLG) – Designs and builds the worlds toughest specialty trucks and truck bodies and access equipment
- PA Beef Council – (PBC) is a non-profit organization working on behalf of 25,000 beef, dairy and veal producers in Pennsylvania
- Recreational Equipment, Inc. – Inspire, educate and outfit for a lifetime of outdoor adventure and stewardship
- Rockland Manufacturing Company – Constructs attachments for heavy equipment
- StelTek Graphics, Inc. -Full color large formatting company to promote your business with posters, display graphics, signs and banners to make your business stand out from the crowd
- Structural Fiberglass, Inc. – Designs and fabrications fiberglass structures and structural systems, as well as the distribution of the fiberglass materials to those who wish to fabricate or install the product themselves
- Szanca Solutions – Providing linguistics, intelligence analysis, systems engineering, technology assessments/insertion, program and financial management, and computer and network support for both the federal government
- Union Hotel – Everett, PA
- United Datacom Networks, Inc. – Is your source for professional telecom solutions
- Vacuum Processes, Inc. – Vacuum Furnace Equipment, Training, and Servicing
- Wessel & Company – Certified Public Accountants & Business Consultants
Bedford County School Districts
Bedford County Sites and Buildings
- Available sites and buildings
- PA Site Search – Makes relocating or expanding a business in Pennsylvania easy
- Keystone Innovation Zones – Learn the benefits of being located in a KIZ — available KIZ sites
- Keystone Opportunity Zones – Information and Guidelines for the KOZ program — Various available sites in Bedford County
Business Energy & Funding Saving Programs
- DCED.PA.Gov – Department of Community & Economic Development (DCED) – Renewable Energy Program; High Performance Building; Pollution Prevention Assistance Program; Solar Energy Program; and Alternative and Clean Energy.
- www.depweb.state.pa.us – Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection – Small Business Advantage Grant Program (keyword: SBAdvantage)
- www.energysavePA.com – FirstEnergy Programs – Commercial & Industrial Incentive Programs; Motors and Drives Incentives for Business Program; HVAC Incentives for Business Program; Custom Incentives for Business Program; and Non-Standard Lighting Incentives for Business.
- http://www.rurdev.usda.gov/Energy.html – United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) – USDA Rural Development provides funding opportunities in the form of payments, grants, loans, and loan guarantees, for the development and commercialization of renewable energy sources including wind, solar, geothermal, hydrogen, ocean waves, hydroelectric, biomass, and biofuel (ethanol, biodiesel, etc.) to change the way people power their homes, businesses, and industries.
- Bedford County Chamber of Commerce – diverse, action-oriented membership organization representing the business interests of the Bedford County region.
- Ben Franklin Technology Partnership – Providing both funding and operational assistance for innovative PA small businesses, with outstanding prospects for job creation and growth
- Information about HUBZones – Historically Underutilized Business Zones — Business Contracting Opportunities
- DCED.PA.Gov – Pennsylvania Department of Community & Economic Development
- PA Department of Community & Economic Development International Business Development
- The Progress Fund – Supports economic development by lending needed capital and by providing technical assistance to under-served entrepreneurs in 40 counties in western and northern Pennsylvania, the entire State of West Virginia, Mountain Maryland, and Appalachian Ohio.
- Southern Alleghenies Workforce Investment Board – Is committed to leading initiatives designed to enhance the skills of the workforce in order to meet the needs of the region’s employers to compete in a world economy.
- St. Francis College Small Business Development Center – Is a team of professionals enabling small businesses to start, grow and prosper by providing quality services through education, research and consultation that promotes regional economic progress.
- The Keystone Agricultural Innovation Center (KAIC) – Is a partnership designed to help Pennsylvania’s agricultral producers and small processors explore the marketing and manufacturing feasibility of value-added opportunities.
- The Team Pennsylvania Business Resource Network – is a dynamic, public/private partnership that initiates and supports innovative programs to improve Pennsylvania’s competitiveness and economic prosperity.
- Women’s Business Development Center – The first gender-focused small business development center in the Mid-Atlantic Region.
- Aerotek – Has grown to become one of the top global recruiting and staffing agencies.
- Career Services for Allegany College of Maryland – College Central Network is the primary job posting service for Allegany College of Maryland.
- PA CareerLink – A job gateway service
- Bedford PA CareerLink – A statewide network of conveniently located centers and online services which connect employers with skilled workers.
- Skills of Central PA – Creating opportunities and providing support for people with disabilities
- Spherion – Is a staffing leader with local roots and a passion for placing the right person in the right job.
Economic Development Partners
- Building Futures through Education – Bedford County Regional Education Foundation of Allegany College of Maryland
- Catalyst Connection – provide consulting and training services to small manufacturers in southwestern Pennsylvania, accelerating revenue growth and improving productivity.
- I-99 Innovation Corridor – Partners in Economic Development – home to numerous precision manufacturers, life science firms,
technology-based companies and materials-related industries.
- Industrial Modernization Center, Inc. – Resource Center of Central PA — Assists companies with strategic services in the region
- Penelec / FirstEnergy Corporation – A forward-thinking electric utility powered by a diverse team of employees committed to making customers’ lives brighter, the environment better and our communities stronger.
- PPL Utilities – One of the largest investor-owned companies in the U.S. utility sector, PPL Corporation delivers on its promises to customers, investors, employees and the communities we serve.
- Southern Alleghenies Planning & Development Commission
- Allegany College of Maryland
- Allegany College of Maryland – Bedford Campus
- Bedford County Technical Center
- Center for Regional Progress
- Mount Aloysius College
- Penn State University
- Penn State University – Altoona
- PENNTAP – Penn State University’s Technical Assistance Program
- PSU Learning Factory – Assistance with the development of new, innovative ideas and products
- PSU Materials Research Institute
- University of Pittsburgh – Johnstown
- KIZ – Keystone Innovation Zone – An incentive program that provides tax credits to for-profit companies less than eight years old operating within specific targeted industries within the boundaries of a Keystone Innovation Zone.
- PA Job Creation Tax Credit Program (JCTC) – If you’re planning any changes, expansions, etc that will generate new jobs, you may be eligible for tax credits under the PA JCTC
- Bedford County, Pennsylvania – Crossroads of Heritage & Hospitality – The Bedford County Government.
- Data.Gov – A federal government website to provide information about its activities that businesses and individuals might be interested in.
- Grants.Gov – Provides information about government grant programs that are available to a variety of entities, including businesses, non-governmental organizations and state and local governments.
- U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) Rural Development – Easy accessible resources for loan and grant applications, eligibility information and program descriptions.
- Bedford County Census Information
- Bedford County Convention & Visitors Bureau
- Bedford Rural Electric Cooperative, Inc. – a non-profit electric cooperative, incorporated on June 2, 1939
- Center for Workforce Information & Analysis – Pennsylvania’s Workforce Status
- FirstEnergy Corp. – a diversified electric company headquartered in Akron, Ohio. Its seven electric utility operating companies comprise the nation’s fifth largest investor-owned electric system
- KIZ – Keystone Innovation Zone – An incentive program that provides tax credits to for-profit companies less than eight years old operating within specific targeted industries within the boundaries of a Keystone Innovation Zone (KIZ).
- Pennsylvania Department of Revenue – Have a question? E-mail it to them from this site
- Power Switch – Lower your energy costs or find electric services that fit the needs of your home
- Southern Alleghenies Workforce Investment Board – Labor Market Information
- The Pennsylvania Department of Labor and Industry
- US Census Bureau
- www.collegecentral.com/Allegany– Are you looking for employees and/or wish to post job openings? You can post them on this site at no charge! You may also search the current Allegany College of MD student resumes. It will take a few minutes to register and then your on your way.