“We were welcomed and we were blessed to end up with an excellent workforce.” – Sam Pratt, CEO, Rockland Manufacturing Co.
Bedford County’s Top 20 Employers
- Wal-Mart Associates
- New Enterprise Stone & Lime Co.
- Pennsylvania State Government
- Omni Bedford Springs Resort & Spa
- Recreational Equipment, Inc. (REI)
- UPMC Bedford Memorial
- Kennametal, Inc.
- Bedford Area School District
- Chestnut Ridge School District
- Truckstops of America Gateway Travel
- Everett Area School District
- Bedford County Commissioners
- Bedford Reinforced Plastics, Inc.
- Rockland Manufacturing Company
- SAC, Inc.
- Tussey Mountain School District
- Northern Bedford Co. School District
- Corle Building Systems, Inc.
- Ruggieri Enterprises
- Creative Pultrusions, Inc.
Source: Bedford County Chamber 2017
A listing of the top employers is only part of the picture of the county’s expanding economy. Bedford County — with its historic small towns, lovely viewscapes, variety of recreational opportunities and mountains — attracts visitors who spend more than $60 million in the county each year. Plus, the county has a strong agricultural base, with farm income of more than $100 million annually.